Flemington Borough is an interesting place. Flemington is the county seat for Hunterdon County, and is famous for lots of things, among them the Lindbergh kidnapping trial, which until this year was re-enacted every year, and its outlet shopping center. Interestingly, those two things have had a direct effect on the health of its Main Street. (more…)
Posts Tagged ‘advance publications’
Posted in Community, Community Institutions, Media, tagged advance publications, Community, community media, downtown, hunterdon county, hunterdon county democrat, Local, retail, Revenue on December 28, 2011| Leave a Comment »
Posted in Community Institutions, Media, tagged advance publications, community media, crisis, Facebook, hunterdon county, hunterdon county democrat, Jersey Shore Hurricane News, Matt DeRienzo, new jersey, Newspaper Next, power outage, snowstorm, social media, Steve Buttry, twitter, Vermont Flooding, Watershed Post on November 3, 2011| 1 Comment »
I’m going to call out my local newspaper in this post for being completely inadequate to the task of providing critical information to its community in a crisis. I know people there, and they’re not going to be happy with me, and I apologize in advance for that because most of them are not the problem. But there is a problem, and, as Mike Benard from Kodak likes to say, it’s time to put the dead fish on the table. (more…)
- Death of a DinerDeath of a Diner: Once more, a national chain sucks up a local organization’s business, and...
- "In the absence of state or regional guidance, “planning” can become an exercise in incumbent benefit..."“In the absence of state or regional guidance, “planning” can become an exercise in incumbent...
- "We are making fervent digital converts in a region where many aren’t into the web, by serving..."“We are making fervent digital converts in a region where many aren’t into the web, by...
- Digitizing Downtown RetailDigitizing Downtown Retail: In which I resign myself to the reality that local newspapers are not...
- Wilder QuarterlyWilder Quarterly: Beautiful magazine.
- Death of a Diner
Tagsadvance publications AMOLED Boston MBTA CharlieCard CharlieTicket Cities Common good communications plan Community community media community service crisis crisis communications customer service disaster plan disruptive innovation downtown E-Ink E-ZPass Economic opportunity Equity Facebook FCC flexible screen government Government 2.0 government data GPS hunterdon county hunterdon county democrat Hurricane Irene Innovation interactive map JCP&L Jersey Central Power and Light Jersey Shore Hurricane News Local local business local ordinance Location-based Matt DeRienzo Mobile Near-field communications neighborhoods new jersey newspaper industry Newspaper Next open government pawn shop Post Office power outage private sector benefits public-sector unions public worker benefits public workers retail Revenue revitalization searchable map SeeClickFix SmarTrip snowstorm social media Steve Buttry Too early Transit transparency twitter universal broadband vacant storefront Vermont Flooding village post office Washington Metro Watershed Post WMATA