So, as anyone who’s turned on a news show in the last week has undoubtedly heard, we had a little snow here last weekend. (To recap for those who don’t know: October snowstorm hit Oct. 29: very unusual, leaves still on the trees thanks to a very wet summer, weight of snow took trees and branches down all over northern New Jersey, the Hudson Valley, Connecticut, central Massachusetts and New Hampshire.) And yes, my house has been without power since last Saturday evening — five days and counting, at this point. For those keeping score at home, that’s longer by a full day than the power outage following Hurricane Irene. (more…)
Posts Tagged ‘interactive map’
Posted in Community Institutions, tagged communications plan, crisis communications, customer service, disaster plan, Facebook, GPS, Hurricane Irene, interactive map, JCP&L, Jersey Central Power and Light, power outage, searchable map, snowstorm, social media, transparency, twitter on November 3, 2011| 2 Comments »
- Death of a DinerDeath of a Diner: Once more, a national chain sucks up a local organization’s business, and...
- "In the absence of state or regional guidance, “planning” can become an exercise in incumbent benefit..."“In the absence of state or regional guidance, “planning” can become an exercise in incumbent...
- "We are making fervent digital converts in a region where many aren’t into the web, by serving..."“We are making fervent digital converts in a region where many aren’t into the web, by...
- Digitizing Downtown RetailDigitizing Downtown Retail: In which I resign myself to the reality that local newspapers are not...
- Wilder QuarterlyWilder Quarterly: Beautiful magazine.
- Death of a Diner
Tagsadvance publications AMOLED Boston MBTA CharlieCard CharlieTicket Cities Common good communications plan Community community media community service crisis crisis communications customer service disaster plan disruptive innovation downtown E-Ink E-ZPass Economic opportunity Equity Facebook FCC flexible screen government Government 2.0 government data GPS hunterdon county hunterdon county democrat Hurricane Irene Innovation interactive map JCP&L Jersey Central Power and Light Jersey Shore Hurricane News Local local business local ordinance Location-based Matt DeRienzo Mobile Near-field communications neighborhoods new jersey newspaper industry Newspaper Next open government pawn shop Post Office power outage private sector benefits public-sector unions public worker benefits public workers retail Revenue revitalization searchable map SeeClickFix SmarTrip snowstorm social media Steve Buttry Too early Transit transparency twitter universal broadband vacant storefront Vermont Flooding village post office Washington Metro Watershed Post WMATA